The event was hosted by the Department of Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade, on July 4, 2017, at the Philippine International Convention Center, Manila.
The highlight of the event was the signing of a letter of intent for a Maritime Cooperation between the Philippines and Germany, that was commenced by Secretary Arthur Tugade and State Secretary Michael Odenwald.
The cooperation has the following agenda:
- Conduct of regular talks to discuss proposals;
- The development and implementation of certain projects of mutual interest;
- The organization of training courses in the field of business and maritime transport;
- The exchange of information concerning the investigation of marine accidents;
- Cooperation in marine pollution prevention; and
- Cooperation in the field of ports and maritime equipment, research, training, and staff development in the field of maritime transport.
Sec. Odenwald also expressed their interest in helping the Philippines develop its maritime, rail and aviation sectors.