12 Heads of State Landed at Clark, Pampanga
Twelve world leaders have stepped on the Philippine soil on Saturday and Sunday, November 11 to 12 for the 31st Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) Summits.
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Myanmar State Counselor Aung San Suu Kyi were the early birds, landing consecutively at the Clark International Airport on Saturday, November 11, 2017.
While the majority of the ASEAN world leaders and dialogue partners all arrived on Sunday, November 12, 2017, the list of the Heads of States who arrived that day goes as follows:
- Laos Prime Minister Thongloun Sisoulith
- Indonesian President Joke Widodo
- Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak
- Singaporean Prime Minister Lee Hsein Loong
- New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Thaland Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull
- Vienamese Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc
The said ASEAN Heads of State were honored upon arrival by both local and national government officials. They were also greeted by dancing students clad in colorful costumes from different schools in Bulacan and Pampanga.