As the Duterte Administration’s advocacy and campaign towards solving the worsening traffic situation of the country continues different projects were said to be launched during his term. On November 3, 2016, Presidential Communications (PCO) Secretary Martin Andanar, Transportation (DOTr) Secretary Arthur Tugade, Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar, Socioeconomic Planning Secretary Ernesto Pernia, Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella, and Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) President and CEO Vince Dizon had their press briefing held at the New Executive Building in Malacañang. On the said event, they have shown a simple overview of the different road and infrastructure projects of the current administration is planning to put up in coordination with the different government sector. These were said to aid the traffic situation and decongest of Metro Manila as well.
Here are the photos containing the concept images of the upcoming road and infrastructure projects of the administration:
1.BGC to NAIA Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System- once built, it will guarantee a traffic-free and hassle-free travel from Fort Bonifacio to NAIA for just a span of 15 minutes.
2. Clark Green City- an alternative city designed as a long term solution to decongest the growing population in Metro Manila. This is said to open more job and business opportunities once built.
3. Clark International Airport (New Terminal Building)- The first ever world-class airport to be built in the Philippines. Clark Airport is eyed as the alternative global gateway of the Philippines. This also aim to help ease the traffic problem in Metro Manila.
4. Davao City Bypass Construction Project- once this road exist, the usual 2 hour travel to Digos, Davao Del Sur from Panabo, Davao Del Norte will be 45 minutes.
5. Iloilo-Guimaras-Negros-Cebu Link Bridge- once constructed, it will allow a by-land travel going Iloilo, Guimaras, Negros and cebu via bus or private vehicles.
6. Manila-Clark railway- this 35 km railway will fasten the travel time to Metro Manila going to Clark International Airport within 1 hour. This will allow commuters to avoid heavy traffic on the road and can have a hassle free travel going to Clark.
7. Metro Manila Bus Rapid Train System- this will allow a more organized bus schedule scheme along EDSA and other major roads in Metro Manila.
8. Mindanao Railway – 2000 km railway is one of the project of the current administration. Once constructed, travel time from Davao going to Surigao and CDO will cut down to 2 hours. This will help the transportation of different goods faster and low chance of spoilage.
9. North Luzon Expressway – South Luzon Expressway Connector Road – This well lessen the travel time of Alabang going to Balintawak for just 30 minutes.
10. Regional Airport Development – this project aim to rehabilitate the existing Regional airports in Visayas and Mindanao. This is to accommodate more flight schedules and provide convenience to the passengers. The project includes the improvement of toilet facilities, air conditioning, and to widen the approach.
11. Sta Monica-Lawton-BGC Link Bridge – once this bridge transpires, it is expected to lessen the cars in EDSA up to 100,000 cars. This will allow motorist to enter in BGC from Ortigas.
12. Subic-Clark Cargo Railway Project – this will connect Subic Port and Clark Airport and will surely lessen cargo trucks in Metro Manila and will lessen the travel expenses in transporting goods.
13. UP – MIRIAM – ATENEO Viaduct in Quezon City – travel time to Katipunan going to Carlos P. Garcia will be decrease up to 80%.
The government is expected to spend trillions of pesos to allow all these and other infrastructure projects to happen within the year 2016-2022. According to Secretary Arthur Tugade, even though the emergency power that the president was asking will not be given, that will not be a hindrance at all to make all these project to push through.
Duterte and his administration is very much eager with these project, because of his goal in mitigating the traffic problem and giving his countrymen the ease of travel.